Wednesday, February 15, 2006

After the Calm the storm!


After Cyprus, I went back to my beloved Western Darfur were a lots of work was waiting for me, and I was also looking forward to it. Since I have started this job, it has become a real pleasure to get to "work". Through it has ver rough time, I do love it. The day this picture was taken was a Friday, which in Sudan (like most of the muslim countries) is equivalent to the Saturday in Christian countries. Geneina, the small capital of West Darfur, we use to organise BBQ parties for the Humanitarian workers around the area, and this day was no exception. Me and a good friend of mine, Brian, had already started drinking a few beers while sitting on my prefab balcony. Finding beer is a real challenge, and it is not often that we get them, so when there is, it never last for long. We were already half drunk and talking a lot, when we suddenly saw coming this huge cloud of dust called "Haboub" (sandstorm)! He had the time to finish the beer and clear the BBQ setup before this huge monster swallow the camp into a thick and blinding curten of sand! All inhouse!!!!!

No comments: