Friday, August 25, 2006

Burkina Faso (Western Africa)

I know it has been along time since I have not updated anything here, but when I'm home, I have no good internet, and also a lots of other things to focus on. I had a great time back home and enjoyed spending my time with the family doing nothing but relaxing, swiming, and regular gym!

Now I am back on track, and already, I should speak in the past of the Burkina Faso! I arrived in Dubai around the 2nd of August, and after spending a suprising 2 weeks there,I was eventually sent to an other mission than the one they were planning for me. In fact, when I was in france I was told I would go for some south american countries, which I was honestly really happy to go to ( i have never been to south america), but at last, it came up with a delay! So meanwhile I had to do something else, untill the other missions gets confirmed.

Round the 15th of August, I arrived in Ouagadougou, the capital of this little country that is Burkina Faso (use to be called "Haute Volta"). It is surrounded by Ghana, Mali, Niger, Ivory cost, Benin. Its a small country and you can easily get across in a long day of drive! For my side, I only roamed around the eastern side and the capital! With only 8 days, I had to rush a little everything and get my stuff done on time! I stopped by the towns of: Ouagadougou, Fada N'gourma, Dori and Bani where I spent a night (except Bani)! It is a very nice feeling to be able to communicate in your own language! Indeed, in Burkina Faso, people speak French as a primary language, at least in the capital and big cities! I had to catch up with my french which has been the least of my words for the last two years living in my suit case! I will remember most from this sample I got of Burkina Faso, the kindness of the people, the roads flooded of water, the Malienne Mosques of Bani, and of course all the people which I had the honor to spend time with!

I dont have much time right now to write much, but at least this is what I could do for now. Ill paste below a few pictures more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to have you back in the blogworld (at least) my friend!